We love to eat at CrossFit Jacked and eat well we do. The most important thing you can do for your body is to fill it with the right foods instead of the processed garbage that’s so easy to find.
Each week we’ll be throwing out some recipes on our blog that will hopefully inspire you to eat healthy and eat well. You can come in the gym every day and bust your rump but until you quit indulging in garbage you’re never going to see results.
Albacore Tuna Lettuce Wraps
Albacore Tuna is one of those healthy items that’s found in the inner aisles of the grocery store-so venture down the aisle and pick out white albacore packed in water. This is an ultra-healthy meal that is high in protein and low in fat.
Yields: 2 Servings
Here’s what you need…
- 1 can albacore chunk tuna, packed in water
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 apple, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons nonfat mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon nonfat ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 4 large lettuce leaves, washed
- Pepper to taste
1) Combine the tuna, onion, bell pepper, and apple in a medium bowl.
2) In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise, ranch dressing and dill.
3) Add the mayonnaise mixture to the tuna and mix until well combined.
4) Arrange the lettuce leaves on two plates, and fill with tuna.
5) Garnish with a dash of pepper.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 124 calories, 1.5g fat, 13g carbohydrate, 2.7g fiber, and 14g protein.